09 January 2014

My mind is flying in 50 different directions

So, I got my first review.  Thanks to a nightmare I had a month ago, I was all braced for something negative.  The pessimist part of me, I suppose, or maybe it's the thing with low self-esteem.  Who knows?  But I needn't have braced myself.  The review was all positive.
Granted, it was my mother who was reviewing, but the one thing I know about my mother is that she is honest with me.  If she didn't like it, she'd tell me why (which was what I was prepared for, to be honest).  Instead, she told me she loved it.  She liked my characters and my story, and she wants to read more.
So, all those ideas that have been running around like mad, headless chickens inside my brain may now have an outlet- if I can ever corral them into some semblance of order.
And find them some heads.
No, these are not my cats.  These are a
client's cats.  They were just too cute not
to photograph.
Abby and Dean are still waiting for their turn in the sun.  This might be that day.  I have some thinking and praying to do.  And planning.  Because I do have a story to tell, but it's going to be an emotional one, and I'm not entirely sure...I'm not really sure if I'm ready yet.
*sigh*
I have a headache.  I've been reading 1 Samuel, and it's making me think about a lot of things.  Like what a real friend looks like.  And how maybe Jonathan was more of a hero than we give him credit for being.
I mean, think about it for a minute.  Jonathan loved and looked up to his father for almost the whole of his life.  He certainly trusted him and was loyal to the bone.  But then there was David- Jonathan's best friend, whom his father hated and tried multiple times to kill.  And poor Jonathan was caught in the middle.  Between a rock and a hard place, as it were.
I feel at loose ends.  Like I'm supposed to be doing something, only there's nothing to do.  Have you ever felt like that?  I'm pretty sure it's letdown after finishing my editing and getting a proof copy...

No comments:

Post a Comment