02 November 2013

Counting my blessings- November

1. I'm thankful for my job.
2. I'm thankful for the freedom to own a Bible.
3. I'm thankful for God and all of the miracles and blessings he's saturated my life with over the past twenty-eight plus years.
4. I'm thankful for my apartment, for the sturdy roof over my head at a reasonable price, and for the security of a locked entrance.
5. I'm thankful for the cross and the message of salvation inherent in the symbol.
6. I'm thankful for the availability of good food.
7. I'm thankful for my computer, without which writing my novel would be so much more difficult and time-consuming.
8. I'm thankful for the imagination- mine, especially, and that of others.
9. I'm thankful for advances in medicine.
10. I'm thankful for days like this, spent with my family
11. I'm thankful for my mother's generous nature and her skills at problem solving (and for calming me down without making me feel like a melodramatic idiot).
12. I'm thankful for the unconditional love of dogs, particularly Pepper.
13. I'm thankful for an earthly father who loves me.
14. I'm thankful for the freedom of worship that is still (nominally) available to me in this country.
15. I'm thankful for Katya, who's been there for me, my own personal cheerleader, since I met her.
16. I'm thankful for my reliable car.
17. I'm thankful for my brother, my friend, who is the only one who truly understands and appreciates what it's like to have our parents.
18. I'm thankful for those who consistently see value in me, even- and especially- when I don't.
19. I'm thankful for the ability to laugh.
20. I'm thankful for forgiveness.
21. I'm thankful for Tiffany, who is a good example to follow, even if I don't always.
22. I'm thankful for a bed to sleep in.
23. I'm thankful that I live in a state where there are four seasons (most of the time).
24. I'm thankful for a good, Bible-based church family.
25. I'm thankful for my brother and the rare, precious occasions I get to spend time with him, just the two of us.
26. I'm thankful for my incredible good health.
27. I'm thankful for beautiful sunny days following snow days.
28. I'm thankful that my physical ability is up to the challenge of my job- even though sometimes I do more than I'm supposed to.
29. I'm thankful that "tomorrow is always new, with no mistakes in it."
30. I'm thankful that God loves me, even with everything that's wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment