07 November 2013

Words: 20,283 and counting

My 2011 NaNo "iconitar" by Yampuff
I haven't updated the word count since I started typing again.  I updated my word count yesterday to reflect what I'd already written.  Now I'm editing the first seven chapters before I go and continue the story.
What's really funny to me about this story that I'm working on for NaNoWriMo this year is that it's supposed to be a ChickLit genre story (with heavy Christian influence), but I still haven't figured out what to name the main character's eventual love interest.  What's even funnier is that she doesn't even meet him until chapter (I think) six or seven, and even then, not for long enough to get an introduction- he just sees her talking crazy to herself while out on a biking trail one afternoon.
And actually, this story is flowing out of me better than the other ones did.  Oh, I haven't given up on them, never fear.  But this one...somehow, it's more personal.  I can't wait to finish it.  The story, not just my 50,000 minimum word count.
Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment