22 November 2013

38,226 or 11,774?

Minimum goal: 6,000 words
Aim goal: 12,000 words
Ludicrous goal: 20,000 words (which would put me over the top a week ahead of schedule!)

These are my weekend word goals for NaNo.  Actually, the aim goal would, as my word count stands now, put me over the top.  I only have 11,000 and change to go before it's at 50,000.  But my goal isn't to get to 50,000 anymore.  It's to finish the book.  That's what I want more than anything.  To finish this book.
And maybe no one reads it.  And maybe no one likes it if they do read it.  But maybe I wrote it and maybe I finished it, and that means more to me than anything else.
Now, when do I "start" the weekend?  Do I start it now and put everything I write from this moment on into my word count for the weekend goals?  Or do I start it at midnight and make it a Saturday/Sunday kind of thing?
Oh well.  I think I'll forget to remember which words were written when, but it's fun to have goals and make lists, so I'll just be content with that. :)
Off I go.  Taking a break to make some dinner, and then I'll start writing again.  Gotta stay ahead of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment