14 November 2013

Quest-y goodness and counting words


Because I'm in a Quest-y mood.  I just saw Sonny's colorings for the upcoming (January 2014, people!) first "official" issue of FinalQuest, and they are AWESOME.  Unfortunately, I've now seen a page of the upcoming issue and it's going to drive me absolutely bats until it comes out.  Plus side, we get to see more of my favorite she-elf, Clearbrook.  And I think I saw Dart in there somewhere (LOVE.  HIM.).
Ugh.
I really am going to drive myself bats.  Well, it's nice to know that this obsession hasn't lost any of its potency for disuse!  I mean, the last new story something that ElfQuest came out with was The Discovery in '07.  I used my lunch hour to go pick it up from Borders that day and almost came back late.  Thank goodness traffic was light that day!
My word count is up again.  Not quite where it needs to be, but I finished editing chapters one through seven and have now begun the all-elusive chapter eight.  It's a little awkward, but I'm writing now for word count.  I can fix the flow of it after I hit that 50,000 mark.  Until then, I'm doing well.  I should be on target by the time I go to bed tonight.  I'm going to finish this novel, even if it takes me beyond November this year.  I can get 50,000 words.  My goal is to actually finish the story.  Every story deserves to be finished.
But since I'm tired, I'm going to sleep now.



No comments:

Post a Comment