01 November 2013

Running words

My first post of November!  How exciting!
Do you ever get a song stuck in your head?  I know most people can relate to this phenomenon.  It's always the most annoying songs that tend to be the most sticky, isn't it?  "The Song that Never Ends" is a particularly obnoxious one, as it "It's a Small World".
But have you ever had a song stuck in your head that you enjoy?  That you wish would stay a little longer?
Sometimes that happens to me with praise music.  At the moment, I have Jeremy Camp's "My God" chorus running through my brain like a victory chant.  It goes:
My God, you are the unchanging love
My God, your heart sends hope from above
The great Creator, beautiful Savior
I've been redeemed
There is life now from your victory
You are my God
How could you not enjoy something like that running through your head?
There's a lot going through my mind at the moment.  Over the past several...well, a lot of thoughts repeat themselves and become memories.  The memories I've been dwelling on lately are all somewhat bittersweet.  Mostly sweet, though.
When you remember someone that you love that you've lost, the memories should be sweet.  The only bitterness is in the loss.  And since I know I'll see her again, the bitterness isn't too bad- or too bitter.
You know, most blogs, I've thought, are supposed to have a point.  I guess my parents' does- but that might be because it's their company blog, and so it sort of has to have a point.  My client's granddaughter's blog has a point, even if it's to just keep her friends and family updated.
My blog doesn't seem to have a cohesive point except maybe to prove how random I am.  I write what I think and, as is no doubt obvious, my thought patterns are decidedly out there.  It's less "stream" of consciousness and more "puddle that's just been jumped in" of consciousness.
I decided a little after midnight to participate in this year's NaNo.  I wasn't sure I wanted to, since I haven't been feeling very novel inspired lately, and all of my ideas have been sort of tapped out.  I didn't even finish the first two years, even when I did manage to reach the minimum word count.
So I decided to use my Camp NaNo project from April, touch it up a bit and try to finish it, since it's a different genre than my past attempts and might actually be finished in 50,000 words.  Even so, I'll have to go back and read what I've written so far.
Here's to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment