02 November 2013

When inspiration attacks

Sweetbreeze by Elf-in-mirror 
My journaling has taken a dip since I started blogging.  I haven't missed a day yet, but I am definitely writing less on paper.  I wonder what that means.  Of course, it might not mean anything but that I'm lazy.
Sometimes, lazy just gives me time to think and imagine.  I like to think and imagine.  It means new characters and new inspirations for book ideas- which helps me during November.  When I get stuck in a chapter or a scene, I write a bit of fanfiction.  Sounds kind of sad, really, but if it helps me break out of my rut, then I'm all for it.
Sometimes I wonder why I'm obsessed with words.  I mean, think about it.  My brother barely reads.  I haven't known him to read for fun since the fourth Harry Potter book came out.  My mom reads occasionally, but she's more into computers now.  Even my dad, who enjoys reading, is more into computers now.  So why- how- am I so wonderfully, oddly, impressively obsessed with words and reading and writing.
This blog sort of proves how obsessed I really am.  I think and then I write.
Sometimes I write to make myself think. :)
I had an inspiration on facebook today.  A friend of mine posted a blessing she was thankful for, stating that November was going to be a 30-day account of things she was thankful for.  I decided to do the same thing.  Only I think I'll post a list, to keep track.  I have this thing for lists.  I like to make them for the most random things.  At least this one will mean something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment