23 November 2013

Reaching the home stretch

I don't know if I've ever felt like this before.  It's kind of a rush, actually.  Also, it's kind of a release of tension.  Not all of it, mind, I still have about 9,000 words left to write before I meet the 50,000 mark.
But I have this thrill that runs through me every time I think about it, because I finally have an ending.  Now all I have to do is connect the ending to what I already have written (just one more chapter, actually, for a total of thirteen, even though one of them is called "epilogue" rather than "chapter thirteen".
I also decided to go simple and obvious for my nom de plume.  I'm going to be myself.  Sort of.  Don't worry, you'll see.
I know I seem to be fixated with my book lately.  That's all I've really written about the last couple of weeks.  But NaNo is almost over.  I owe Sarah a great deal for turning me onto it.  Writing is more than my hobby, more than what I love to do.  It's part of my identity.  So doing NaNo every year is something I need to do- for myself.  Only problem with it is that it can get crazy, trying to churn out a whole novel of 50,000 words in thirty days.
So thanks for putting up with me.  Only one more week to go in this year's NaNo, and then I'll be able to tell you if it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment