26 November 2013

When getting what you want isn't all it's cracked up to be


Have you ever gotten what you wanted, and the thought of it makes you completely exhausted?  Not the thought of how you got it, but the thought of having it.  I feel that way.  Exhausted, but in a strange way, also glad, because it's what I wanted.
But seriously, exhausted.
In the past...today's Tuesday, so...five days.  In the past five days, I've gotten approximately seventeen hours of sleep.  But in a good way, I'm content.
I'm even content that I had to drive in the snow yesterday with a busted windshield wiper.
Funny story, that.  I was on my way to Brookfield for Justin's and my movie of the month (since we ran out of month, we had to choose between Thor: The Dark World and Catching Fire.  I chose Thor.), which is normally about an hour's drive for me.  Well, being that it had snowed and I wasn't sure of the roads...in the dark, I decided to leave early, just in case.
Well, I get out past 5 Corners and realize that while the cars in front of me are kicking up nasty stuff onto my windshield, my wipers were caked with ice and only making the visibility worse.  So I pulled into a parking lot to clean them off.
I grabbed the driver's side wiper to pull it up and the wiper blade popped completely off.  I kid you not, just popped off and went flying.  One of the nursery clerks went to grab a coworker who was good with stuff like that (since I was kind of looking at the blade in helpless bemusement, with absolutely no idea what I was doing).  He summarily informed me it was broken, so we wedged the thing back in and I made my way to the movies, convinced that at any moment, the thing was going to go flying whenever I turned my wipers on.
It didn't, by the way.  I made it to the movies and back from, and even to Walmart for a replacement blade, which I will install in a few minutes.
Pepper is manic.  So far she's attacked the snow shovel, chased a helicopter across the yard, and tried to convince a rather smug sparrow that she is a ferocious, dangerous beast.  The sparrow wasn't buying it.

Poster for truly awesome web-series RWBY
Art found here
Incidentally, about the picture...one of my new favorite shows.  I was watching it last night, and I was struck by how much like a Final Fantasy it is.  Ruby and Nora are my favorite characters, mostly because Ruby's just awesome, and Nora's so...random.  More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment