06 November 2013

Terminology of memory

I shot the bullet that belonged to this casing. :)
It's kind of amazing the amount of memory you can get from an object.  I made it to Quest's End, and aside from the story itself, the memories attached to that book are pretty prodigious.  When I was in eighth grade, I took it to school with me once, and it was stolen out of my backpack by a couple of bullies.  They hid it in my science teacher's classroom to make me cry.  I actually bought a new version before my science teacher found it.
No one punished the bullies for that.  Actually, they weren't punished until much later, for something else.
It's weird, the memories I have of middle school hell that are attached to the most seemingly random things.  Those two bullies were eventually punished when I finally snapped and dumped a beaker full of water on one of their heads because they just wouldn't let up.
What's weird?  I never really thought of myself as being bullied, even when I was physically attacked and constantly ridiculed.  Even now, it's hard for me to attach the term "bullied" to myself.  Huh.
I guess I really am learning to come to terms with who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment