20 January 2014

Production depends upon the product


Okay, so, writing these blogs on my computer when I don't have an internet connection but I do have the thoughts themselves is all well and good… if I remember to post them online.  So far, not so much.  Which is why I've got two posts going out today and both of them relatively long.

I had a good day, I suppose.  It was productive, that's for sure, and I'm completely exhausted, but that's because I'm falling back on bad habits and staying up when I should be sleeping.  Of course, these shifts are an hour longer than the ones that used to be, and so far, I haven't fallen asleep (the thing of it is, if I do, they won't actually fire me for it at this job.  They're pretty cool like that.  All I have to do is inform them if I sleep more than six hours.), and I have managed to accomplish quite a bit.

I was studying last night (2 Samuel), and I suddenly discovered that I can actually be inspired to write more of the "God Moments" chapters when I'm studying by myself.  It's more prone to happen during King's Verse, but I can find stories and lessons in my everyday readings.  I'm almost done with chapter two.  And I seriously feel like God's hand really is on this one.  I can't wait to finish it.  NaNo 2014, here I come!   I've going to have another book by the end of November!

I finally finished my "necklace set."  Katya gave me the idea when she told me her favorite colors were red and gold, and I teased her about being a Gryffindor.  So I decided, in my own mildly OCD-ness, to make a collection of necklaces to represent the four Hogwarts Houses (don't laugh, they turned out AWESOME!).  Since I, in my eternal geekiness, decided that all of the jewelry I make must have a name, like any piece of art (and since, aside from writing, I have no other discernible artistic talents), I give you (in the order I finished them):

"Gryffindor for the Cup"

"Ravenclaw Pride"

"You're So Slytherin"

and "Hufflepuffs are Loyal" 

Their actual names are different, but since I'm posting them on deviantart as "Hogwarts" jewelry, I decided they should have Hogwarts names.  The actual names are (in the same order) "Katya's Ruby", "Rhapsody in Blue and Bronze", "Green with Envy", and "Honeybees".

In case anyone was wondering, "Honeybees" aka "Hufflepuffs are Loyal" is my favorite, and not just because I'm in Hufflepuff on Pottermore (though I admit that had a lot to do with it).  I've been thinking I might take requests.  Or commissions on dA, since I find I quite enjoy beading.  And it would be so much fun to actually make a little money off my hobby.  I tend to go nuts lately and spend all of my slush money for the month on beads and beading supplies.

Here's another thought I'm having: something must be going down in Kansas City this year, because I just had another friend tell me that God is calling her to live and work there.  I would be beyond amused if somehow the two of them met and became good friends, and I could be like, "yeah, I knew both of them before they even met each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment