08 June 2014

It's like an adventure for my soul

My reaction to reading a new book by one of my favorite authors (this all occurs over the course of several hours):

  • Haha!  I totally get it!  It's because they share a bloodline!
  • Ooh!  Ooh!  I think I know!  She was the first Ellcrys!
  • Dude, he's totally in love with you.  Stop being an idiot!
  • Aw, man, you didn't see that coming?  Seriously?  He's a freaking politician, what'd you expect?
  • Oh, no, don't die!  Why did you kill him?  He was like the coolest character ever!
  • Okay, the prince is a turd.
  • Nope, it's the boy.  It was all a set-up.  Why am I the only one who sees this?
  • Wicked shot.  I'm totally in love with him now.
  • Ha!  I was totally right!  She became the first Ellcrys to make up for her bad love decisions.
  • Fly, my pretties!
  • Uh-oh.
  • Whoa, okay.  Did not see that one coming.  Even though I cheered.  A lot.
  • I've got a bad feeling about this.
  • Heehee, I like the green mist monster of Paranor.  It makes all the bad guys scream and wet their pants.
  • Can anyone spell TRAP?!
  • No, stupid, don't walk through the mysterious curtain of light!  That's what they want you to do!
  • Ooh, a dragon!
  • How am I the only one who realizes that this is the same trap Grianne fell into a hundred years ago?
  • See, I told you.
  • Well, at least you're not dead.  Even if you are so stupid I can't even see why you're still alive.  Idiot.
  • Stop being such a whiner-baby and man up!  Or woman up.  Whatever, you know what I mean.
  • Your mom is totally possessed.  Or maybe she's evil.  Or maybe she's possessed by evil.  Well, those are your options unless you want to accept that she's really that cold-hearted and bitchy.
  • Well, of course they're chasing you.  Did you expect this to be easy?  Amberle did it a thousand years before you and she had a worse time of it, believe you me!
  • Stop whining and get over yourself.
  • Oh look, they're still following you.  And you're surprised by this?
  • Don't do that, they'll find you.
  • Didn't I just say-
  • Run!  Run, you idiot, don't just stand there!  It's your own damn fault for not listening to me in the first place!
  • See, I told you he was in love with you.
  • When he says 'everyone's going to die', does he mean, like, everyone everyone?  Because this isn't supposed to be a George Martin book, you know!
  • OMG, kill it!  Kill it!
  • I'm totally going to marry an Elf!
  • It's a trap.
  • See?
  • Why doesn't anyone listen to me?
  • She's creepy.
  • Aw, man, come on!  She's just using you!
  • Well, that was dumb.  
  • Eew!  Okay, massive death count and now heads on pikes?  You are not turning the Four Lands into Westeros!  Not, not, NOT!
  • Well, that was unnecessary.
  • And that was even more unnecessary.
  • Stop killing off all the cool characters!  Especially when you do it with stupid decisions instead of assassins and massive violent epics and magical battles!
  • Aw, that was sweet.
  • Ugh, and that was not.  Gross!
  • Run!  RunrunrunrunrunrunRUN!


And when I finally finished the book...

  • Man, am I exhausted!  I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment