25 September 2014

Counting blessings

There are times that I wonder if my mind is even normal. And then there are times I know it's not. 
Like today.
My big 'thank you' to God today is that Justin is a boy and that I have no step-sisters.
Seriously?
Who is grateful for things like that?  Who actively thanks God that their brother is a brother? That he's healthy, yeah. That he's happy, no question. 
But that he's a he?
Weird.
I dunno. I was just having strange thoughts. Like, what if Dad had had a daughter when he and Mom got married? Well, not only would I not be his parents' only granddaughter, I also might have ended up being jealous of my stepsister. Who wants to be jealous of their stepsister?
And what if she'd been prettier than me? Or skinnier? I wouldn't have just been jealous, I may actually have needed up hating her!
I mean, really, who the heck thinks these kinds of what ifs?  I don't have a stepsister, so what's the point of worrying about how I might have hated her if I had one and she was prettier than me?
You see why I question whether or not my mind works normally.


No comments:

Post a Comment