01 September 2014

Title Day!

I'm more comfortable with my mind in another world.
I've met people who think I get too into things like movies or books.  They label me as weird or nerdy.  They don't understand how my mind works.

For most people, for normal people, they watch a movie and it's a fun, temporary escape from reality.  Emphasis on temporary.  They read a book and are able to keep themselves mentally separated from the other worlds revealed in the pages.  Their "adventure" lasts from cover to cover.

For me, I watch a movie, and my mind is filled with the possibilities.  Like "what might happen if the characters did this and this as opposed to that?"  I wonder at their real motivations, especially if there is no discussion of why within the movie itself.  I read a book, and my mind gets to know that world as well as it knows this one.

I know my mind works differently from others.  Shoot, I see a story in everything I come across during a typical day.  A sunbeam through rainclouds turns into an introspective scene.  A Woman walking her dog becomes a "voice of reason" character within my narrative.  A book display at the store becomes a fun moment of interaction between protagonists.  There is literally a story everywhere.

So you know what?  Call me a nerd.  Call me weird, call me crazy.  I am unique, and God made me this way, so I must have stories worth telling.

Labels don't bother me anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment