13 September 2014

Dog days

All my problems would be solved if I would just stop letting the dog sleep on the bed with me...
  • She's like a little furnace, so letting her sleep with me always means I'm too hot.  So then I throw the covers off and my arms, nose, and feet freeze (everything not covered by my nightgown).
  • She's a very aggressive cuddler.  She situates herself so that she's pressed so tightly against my back or stomach that I inevitably roll away from her a little bit to try to get some room.  She then moves closer again.  And before you know it, I roll off the edge of the bed- asleep- and she looks down at me like 'why do you want to sleep down there?'
  • She sheds everywhere.  I kid you not.  Every night before I let her up on the bed, I brush her out and then use the lint roller on her back.  And every morning, I've got a new carpet of shedded fur on the blankets.  Also the pillows.  And my clothes.  And my skin.  And sometimes, if I'm really unlucky, in my mouth.
So yes, all of my problems would be solved if I made her sleep on the floor like she does when I'm not the one watching her.
But then she looks at me with those eyes that ask 'don't you love me anymore?' and I cave.  I fold.  I invite her up onto the bed and give her a thorough petting to reassure her that yes, I still love her.

And they say cats are the manipulators!

No comments:

Post a Comment