01 December 2013

I love Amazon

You know, Amazon.com is a really great corporation.
Not only do they have nearly everything you want, they nearly always underestimate their shipping speeds so that you're always pleasantly surprised when things arrive before you'd even started looking for them.
Like my new kindle, which arrived today while I was sleeping.  Sadly, I've already started a paper book, so I left it at home, but still!  It's early and I can read tomorrow when I get home!  Or whatever.
Btw, I do not like my new kindle (yet).  It's smaller than my old kindle, and it doesn't hold as many books, so I have to be careful about how many I have downloaded at once, but- as my mother and I agree, once we buy them, they're in the cloud, and that's free, so no big really.  It's just...still.
*shrug*
Work started out a party tonight.  It's nice to have more than one client, actually, because you get a variety of personalities that way, but all of them have one thing in common: the connection.  The one that's close and loving.  You have to love your clients when you do this job.  There has to be that emotional context.  Otherwise, it's just a job.
And let's face it- if I wanted just a job, I'd still be working at McDonalds or Kohl's.
But I love this client for two reasons: one, she's a sweetheart.  She's patient and not demanding and forgiving of most mistakes- provided you only make them once, which is a reasonable expectation.  And two, I love this client because I get an element of personal socialization that I don't get when I work with dementia patients.  It feeds my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment