04 July 2014

Happy 4th!

Happy Independence Day!

Can you believe it's July?  Part of me feels like I should say "finally", and another part of me wants to say "already".  Most of me just groans because it's summer and it's hot and I don't like it.
But then, we all know I'm weird and quite possibly more than slightly insane.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of being told you're adorable by someone who has no personal stake in your happiness.  Yes, my parents never fail to tell me how cute I am, and (as a female) any man who wants to stick around had better appreciate how cute I am.  But someone outside that circle, who doesn't need me to be happy for their own reasons, telling me I'm adorable?
Well, shoot, that just about made my day.

So, as I'm sitting here, I am realizing that I've become a slacker again.  I have homework I need to be doing (I have a paper due on Monday) as well as a book I could be working on.  Should, in fact, be working on.  I'm still hesitant about doing NaNo this year, if only because by the time November rolls around, I will be deep in the throes of my degree capstone.  Bleh.  But c'est la vie.  Maybe I'll do my own version of NaNo after I graduate, hey?

In the meantime, I'm going to eat lunch and continue to contemplate my advanced capabilities for procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment