25 July 2014

Insomnia strikes again

This has got to stop.
For some reason, I haven't been sleeping well.  And trust me, as someone well acquainted with insomnia, I know what it feels like to need it and not get it.
This is me, averaging about five hours of sleep a night, even (and maybe especially) at work.

And also, my feet hurt.

And it's only Friday.

I bet I got you with that one.  Well, unlike most of the rest of the population, Friday does not signal the end of the week for me.  Actually, my weekend isn't a weekend so much as a day on which I can do weekend-y things.  Usually, that's Tuesday.  Sometimes Sunday afternoons.

I'm wearing my African beads today.  They go with my shirt.  Mom and Dad brought me these really awesome beaded necklaces back from South Africa.  One of them has these teal beads, and the other one is brown and gold.  What's really cool about them is that Mom says they're all seeds.
Haha, literally "seed beads."

Speaking of Mom, we had a lot of fun on Tuesday, despite the heat.  Well, I say despite the heat, but I'm sure Mom enjoyed it. :)  She highlighted my hair, which was fun.  I like how it looks- it makes me look like I actually spend some time outside in the sun.  And she curled it for me too (I washed the curl out last night, unfortunately), which was awesome.  We watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes so she would remember what had happened when she and Dad went and saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

They were really excited about having date night in the middle of the week. 
I love my parents.  They are adorable and I love how in love they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment