11 July 2014

Why are philosophers so long-winded?

Do they get paid by the word?  Is that why they use four hundred words where three will do?  I mean, come on, I'm a writer by nature and by choice.  But even I know that the higher your word count goes, the less likely people are to read what you write!
Ugh!
Philosophers are like theologians, I think.  They are under the impression that if one is to convert a person, one must pile so many words on top of them that the person will agree with them just to escape.
Yes, I know that's uncharitable.
But you didn't have to do the homework for this class I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR in the first place!  The only good thing about it was being able to watch Groundhog Day in week four!  I wrote three papers about euthanasia because the other topic choices were animal rights, environmentalism, and the ethics of war.  And seriously?  I'm a Christian, and my perspective on every one of these topics is an unpopular one in liberal circles (this is why a liberal college was not my smartest move). 

*sigh*
I needed a break to rant or something.  I felt like I was going to explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment