27 March 2014

Poptimism (it is now a word, deal with it)

I had an interesting moment today.

I am what I refer to as a "poptimist".  Which basically means that I am a pessimistic optimist.  Yes, I know it's an oxymoron.  But that's the best way I can think of to describe the way I think.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer.  Earliest stages, and the prognosis is very positive.  My first instinct was to have a bit of a freak-out (thanks to Mom, by the way, for putting my head back on straight- from a thousand miles away, no less!).  But once that was over, I was all up in God's face, praying and praying and praying.
Because, you know what?
God is in control.  God knows what he is doing.  And if my friend isn't worried, is in fact, confident, then what business have I to be dragging anyone, including myself, down with doom and gloom?
My melodramatic soul weeps for the loss of a "horror of horrors!" swoon across the couch, but you know what?  It's all going to be okay. :-)
This is the day that the Lord has made, and we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment