20 March 2014

What to do when all you see is...

Frozen sketch by artist davidkawena
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.  On the one hand, it's good to have my mojo back.  I've been writing pages instead of lines in my journal the past week or so.  I'm feeling inspired, and that feels unbelievably good.  I just don't know how good it's going to be.
I feel the weight of other people's disappointment in me.  Is that weird?  Have you ever looked at someone or talked to someone and you can almost see their disappointment in the air between them and you?  Felt the distance that's growing, and you know how to stop it, but you can't bring yourself to move?
Yeah...it's pretty depressing.
I guess this is God's way of answering my prayers to be less dependent on others' opinions of me.

Well that was upsetting.
I finally saw Frozen.  And then I proceeded to watch it three times.  I know I should've stopped at one, but I really couldn't help myself.  I love the song "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" (ohnigosh, little Anna is soooo cute!), and I understand why "Let It Go" has become such a sensation (Idina Menzel has the most amazing voice!).
Sven is my favorite character, and I find Olaf to be cute but mildly creepy.  I have to admit that it's kind of funny how he's always making butt comments ("Watch out for my butt!" and "Do me a favor and grab my butt."), and it was very sweet how he almost melted to keep Anna warm.  But, I don't know.  He's just vaguely...I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment