07 March 2014

Rereading old favorites is like...coming home after a long, hard day.

So, I'm re-reading The Scions of Shannara for perhaps the fifth or sixth time, and it suddenly occurs to me: the Ohmsfords and the Leahs are actually related now.  Sure, three hundred years removed, but they're still related!
Which means that Morgan Leah is actually some very, very distant cousin to Par and Coll.  Actually, Morgan Leah is probably more closely related to Walker Boh, as they'd both be descendants of Brin Ohmsford (Par actually contemplates Walker's Ohmsford ancestor in one scene) rather than Jair, but still.

Does this blow anyone else's mind?

Or am I the only one so obsessed that I would notice this in the first place? :)

Following that to its conclusion, when Bek was adopted by the Leahs before the events of The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara trilogy, he wasn't just like family, he was family, albeit very, super far removed family.
Hahaha!  I love finding obscure things in books that no one else seems to notice...

I wonder if Terry did that on purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment