07 March 2014

So, here's a thought

Can it nearly be spring?
I can hardly believe it, but as Jan reminded everyone on FB yesterday, this Sunday is the beginning of Daylight Savings Time.  Can you believe it?  I remember when it was the first Sunday in April, not the first Sunday in March...
On the upside, it's nearly spring.  On the downside, I lose an hour of work while I'm at work, and I'm not so fond of that idea.  But que sera sera, si?
I started reading The Purpose-Driven Life as my devotional on Wednesday (and, perfect timing, though I didn't do this on purpose), which was also the beginning of Lent.  This year, I'm actually going to try it, and I've determined to give up fast food/coffee/eating out.  This morning (yes, I know it's two days late), I've also decided to add facebook games to that.  I spend way too much time playing them, wasting my time, really.  There are much better, other things I could be doing with my time.
And maybe, just maybe, a 40 day fast from them will get me out of the habit of going there first thing.  I do not want to be addicted to FB!
I'm trying this thing, it's called "oil pulling".  Basically, you're using oil (organic, cold pressed only, coconut, sunflower, sesame, or olive oils) as a mouthwash, and you do it for 15-20 minutes a day (instead of just the 1-2 minutes with regular mouthwash).  The oil leeches bacteria and crap out of your mouth.  Apparently, it whitens teeth, gets rid of bad breath, moisturizes,prevents the growth of bacteria, etc.  I'm going to see how it goes.  I may keep doing it just for the teeth whitening benefit- my teeth are too sensitive for those bleach whiteners.  It's pretty cheaper than whitestrips, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment