30 April 2014

Aaaaaand…done!

Much more entertaining than politics.
So, tell me how exciting this sounds: six pages on habeas corpus and the war on terror, with particular emphasis paid to the detainees (or 'enemy combatants') of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Yeah, that's what I thought.  That is the topic of my final paper for this class.  And all I can say is, I'm so glad it's over.  My new class is a math class, and I'm almost 99.99% positive there will be no papers for this class.  How would one go about writing a paper for a math class, anyway?  I'm not sure.
I'm not even entirely sure how to take a math class online.  I guess I'll learn, eh?  I really do wish I hadn't taken two years off of school, though.  I now have to take an algebra class because it's been more than five years since my last one.  This is why you shouldn't procrastinate, children! 
Oh well, so my graduation date gets pushed back a little more.  So what?  At least I like math.  To a degree.  I like algebra, anyway.  It fascinates me, even though I don't actually enjoy it.  Isn't that a paradox?  I like math, but I don't enjoy it.  Hmm…
I have discovered the joys of loose teas, and now, there's no going back!  So!  There's a tea shop called Teavana in Bayshore.  I'm tempted to schedule an evening with Sarah and then drag her over there to check it out.  From what I hear, it's about as awesome as you can get.  And seriously, if you could smell some of these teas…my client's daughter went, and she invited me to try some of the teas she bought.  I tried her blueberry acai blend, and OMG, I just wanted to sit here and stick my nose in the bag all night!  It's so ridiculously fragrant, I bet even my 'tea just tastes like colored water to me' boyfriend would like it.
SO!
Puff pride!

Guess what, guess what!
I am going to be a bridesmaid for the first time ever!  I know, I know, it doesn't seem like a big deal.  And maybe in the grand scheme of the world, that's true.  But do you know what?  My little brother is getting married to the woman he loves, and I am invited to be a part of that.  So, as far as I'm concerned, the "grand scheme" can suck it, because I am utterly thrilled!
I'm kind of feeling sassy at the moment.  I'm so proud of myself for finishing a paper I really, REALLY didn't want to write, for a class I really, REALLY didn't like or even want to take.  Yes, I put it off until the last possible moment, BUT!  But I finally finished it, and I'm proud of myself.  Even though I have a pounding headache and a belly full of cramps, and I'm really, really overheated right now.  Because I did it, even though I didn't want to.

FYI, I could have passed the class even if I had totally blown off the paper.  But I still did it anyway.  So, go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment