24 April 2014

My life may be boring, but it's mine and I enjoy it.

Because it's the most adorable little
Firefly/Harry Potter crossover in existence
(if you don't understand the reference, I pity you.).
I am a little bit of a goof.

Okay, I'm a lot a bit of a goof.  I knew I shouldn't.  But I did it anyway.  I stayed up last night to read.  Wow, I haven't actually done that in a while.  Not for pleasure, definitely.  Some for research papers, or to watch TV, or just because I had insomnia, but it's been a while since I stayed up all night to finish a book.

I remember when the last time was, though.  July 22, 2007.  It would have been July 20, 2007, but I was with Mom in Chicago at a Women of Faith conference, and I didn't even get home until Sunday afternoon.  Some of you, if you're like me, will remember the significance of 7/20/07.  It was the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the actual Deathly Hallows, people, not the first movie part!).  I had to work in the morning, and I still stayed up all night to finish it.

Do you know what it's like to be physically unable to put a book down?  If not, I pity you.  It's one of the strangest, most exhilarating, most wonderful feelings in the world.  It used to happen to me all the time.  Then, I guess, I just read too many books.  The feeling cannot be repeated or recaptured by going back and reading the book again.
It can be renewed, though.    Personally, I like Rick Riordan for that.  The Kane Chronicles were the first, then the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.  Now it's going to be the Heroes of Olympus (I've already pre-ordered the next book in the series).  I love this feeling!

There are so many books out there that can cause that feeling, too.
I intend to read them all. :-)  The days of staying up all night reading Harry Potter books for the first time is back- with a vengeance!

Try these

No comments:

Post a Comment