01 April 2014

Tell me something nice.

Today, the storm came.
Rather, today the storm broke.
It was a seemingly small thing, not really that big of a deal in the long or the short run.  I misremembered a movie time and by the time I got there, Justin and Jenn had left.  And I went off the deep end.  Even I'll admit that my emotional state was completely out of proportion to the problem.  It wasn't even a problem, really!

First I got angry- how dare they not wait until I showed up?!  Never mind that Justin had called me twice and texted me, and only after waiting at least 15 minutes did they (logically, since I worked last night) assume I had fallen asleep.
Then I got morose- don't they love me?  Don't they want to hang out with me?  There were tears, there was sobbing, there was a general feeling of pervasive loneliness and depression (the weather is not helping today, God!).  I think I called Justin like four or five times.
Then there was self-deprecating sarcasm- of course I'm being irrational and unreasonable!  Do you know how stressed and exhausted I am (which I then proceeded to detail for Justin).
Then there was deep breaths and a little retail therapy (which I excused by deciding I was buying myself an early birthday present), followed by music.  Lots of music.

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small."

I still need a nap, though.  I need more time, time to sleep.

One more thing.
Please stop asking me when my next book is going to be done.  You're stressing me out.

3 comments:

  1. No need to be sad boo bear!!!! We need to plan a girlie day and leave Justin at home! Love spending time with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE that! Girly things are hard to do with a brother.
      Or a boyfriend.
      I need more girlfriends.

      Delete