14 February 2014

Feels...crummy, flu-y feels icky! Happy V-day!

Trust me to take the only days off I have in a month and get the flu!  Okay, if it's not actually the flu, it certainly feels flu-like,  I've got aches and chills and a sore throat and a restless stomach.  I was too hot about an hour ago, and now I'm freezing!  So, Pepper and I are having (well, I am having) some hot chicken noodle soup while we have a Lord of the Rings marathon (they were the longest movies I could think of so I don't have to keep getting up to change the discs).
I am drowning in Theraflu (I'm down to one packet left; I might actually have to go to Walgreens sometime today) and Throat Coat tea with honey and lemon juice.
Since I slept almost the entire day yesterday, and most of the day on Wednesday, I feel the need to at least pretend I don't sleep all the time.
Happy Valentine's Day, by the way.  You know, I no longer lament the coming of V-day.  It's not depressing if you don't let it be.  Like so many other things, it's all about attitude and context.  To me, now, Valentine's Day is a day to tell people you love- family, friends, significant other- how important they are to you.
See? it's all about how you look at things. :)

Want more popsicles!
Ugh, even as I think about having a popsicle, my stomach rebels.  So, no popsicles  I'm gonna have some more tea.  Maybe a different one this time- but not Sleepytime!
So, to all of you lovely folks who are feeling quite better than I am, I wish you a lovely day with your honey, your parents, your kids, your school chums...etc.  Just have a lovely day and know that someone out there loves you!  And if you're feeling as crummy as I am, know also that you're loved.  With an extra dose of love because you're sick and sick people need love.

And I'm going to go now, since I can't seem to keep my thoughts from rambling on at random.  I'm going to curl up on the couch guest bed and watch The Hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment