18 February 2014

Sometimes, I just want my mom!

I got done with work today, and as I sat in my car, waiting for the windows to defrost, all I could think was that I wanted my mom.  It's weird how feeling crummy always makes me want my mom.  Also, a cup of hot peppermint tea.
But mostly my mom. :)

The princess is enjoying the extra half a foot of snow that covered all of her "trails" in the yard.  She's forging new ones (most of them in the same places as the old ones, but she's no less excited about them for that fact), to chase snowplows and semi trucks.  It's actually pretty entertaining to watch.

I've got a very unhappy stomach, and that persistent chesty thing I usually get after a cold in winter.  Hopefully, with some extra rest, those will go away.  I'm actually more concerned about my knee.  It aches, it outright hurts to put weight on it, and it feels like a deep bruise to the touch.
And I have no idea how I hurt it.
Bleh.


Random observation of the day:
Victor Hugo is incredibly long-winded.  I just finished the fifteenth chapter of Les Miserables, and I've finally encountered Jean Valjean.  FIFTEEN CHAPTERS on the behavior, living conditions, personal habits, and personality of the priest who ends up giving Valjean the silver before we ever even see Valjean.

No comments:

Post a Comment