14 February 2014

Prayer catharsis and tattoo plans

(This was meant to be posted on Tuesday morning)

So, I'm at work last night, and I found myself writing...and writing...and writing.  Six journal pages later, and I've more of my emotions down on paper than I have in almost two months.  Since Christmas Day, actually.  It was...cathartic.
Of course, it was also emotionally draining.  I read the last chapter in my devotional book (Be Intolerant by Ryan Dobson), and some things really smacked me in the face.  Most of which are highly personal, so I can't actually elaborate on this blog.  But there are a few things I can.
My dear Tiffany suggested that I might want to try out an internship in Kansas City- like what she did.  I promised to pray about it.
One of the things I prayed about last night, in fact.  See, the thing is...I don't feel led to move to Kansas City.  Nor do I feel led to foreign missions.  I never have, really.  I've never been interested in travel, period (ask my mom- the only time I show interest in travel is when she talks about New Zealand, and maybe a little bit when she mentions Ireland).  I have a feeling that if I was meant for foreign missions, God would find a way to make it clear to me, including changing my heart for the direction I was meant to go.
*big happy sigh*
I have also decided to get my tattoo.  Nothing big, and no one can even say it would get in the way of future jobs I might get.  If I need to, it'll be easily covered by my watch.  I just kind of feel like this is something I need to do.  For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment