15 February 2014

Questions of a fever-addled mind

So here's my random question du jour: if Sunset Shimmer has been gone for the past 30 moons (roughly two and a half years), then how does she know that Twilight Sparkle's crown is an Element of Harmony, let alone that the Elements of Harmony have been recovered?  When she left Equestria, the Elements were still sealed away in the Everfree Forest outside Ponyville (a LONG way south from the Crystal Empire where the portal mirror had been moved to in the interim and where Twilight happened to be when Sunset Shimmer came looking for the Elements of Harmony), Twilight was a new student of Celestia's, and Nightmare Moon was still trapped in the moon.  So how did she know, within moments of passing back through the portal, not only who had the Element of Magic, but also where it was within the Crystal Palace?  ALSO (but on the same note), how did Sunset Shimmer know what the crown in which the Element of Magic looked like?  Enough to have an exact duplicate ready to leave behind in its place?

As you can tell, my bout with the flu has left me with far too much time to watch cartoons, time which I have filled with those cartoons- mainly Jem and the Holograms, Gargoyles, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  Ah, the plot holes only an adult fan would notice, let alone question.  Although, I suppose if you have too much backstory, you lose the interest of the little ones, as well as making the movie way too long...

Anyway, aside from the residual fever (my temperature hasn't gone below 100.2 all day!) and a little bit of the wobbles when I get up to let the dog in and out, I feel better than I have in days.  So, excepting my desire to sleep with an ice pack, I think I'll be good to go tomorrow.  I'm going to take a tepid shower and go to bed for the night.  My many naps today didn't really refresh me, if you understand what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment